For my baby ~ Ferris Mokhtar van de Ven

For my baby ~ Ferris Mokhtar van de Ven;
..for all my love, my heart and soul..all belong to you! This is how ummie love you - higher than a mountain, wider than an ocean ~

Thursday, April 19, 2012

McDonald's FUN FUN FUN!

Thematic Drawing

Title: Jom ngeteh... (let's have a tea)
Material: McDonald's packaging trash
Size: 200 x 225 cm
Year: 2011

This is another project I've done to accomplish my 1st semester, Thematic Drawing project. At first, I got a lil bit confuse..what is Thematic Drawing? I googled it..clicked on 'image'.. I found so many children drawings. Well, what is Thematic Drawing? Something with a 'theme'? Theme? Well, on my 1st class of Thematic Drawing which handled by Prof Jai and Prof Ramlan, they simply asked us to bring anything..any drawings..well, on the second class, I brought my lil tudor houses drawing, chinese ink on bonn paper..then, VOILA! ---I GOT REJECTED!! They said, I suppose to do something better..unlimited imagination!! Took me few weeks to really understand what is THEMATIC DRAWING? Gradually, i started to understand what is meaning of this subject. Everybody brought something into the class..an object, a sculpture.. yeah, Jai and Ramlan like it a lot..and we started to talk about it..
we talked pretty a lot, actually..

Then, my turn has come..what shall I do? WHAT SHOULD I BRING?? What? A sculpture? Oh My, never into my interest to do any sculptures..then, I remember.. something to do with my memories.. something to remind me of someone.... well, McDONALD! yeah, McDonald! Ferris loves McDonald.. 
We used to go to McDonald in Maastricht just opposite the market square..altho Frank hates it so much..Nothing is worst than McDonald..all fried foods..yeah, bad perception..even me myself dont really like McD, but, while i was living in Europe, I missed Malaysia so much..there is no other place in this world could replace my very own country..the only place in Europe which could remind me is McDonald..the smell, the colors, the environment..yeah, at least I could feel a bit like I was in Malaysia..

In this artwork, I collected all the packaging trash from McDonald, helped by a friend..in a middle of the night ha ha ha..watta quite of work to do, ya know! And brought all them to the studio and I started to 'clean up' all the dirts.. iieeewwwww....all the left over waste..chicken bones, salad leaves...left over burgers.. ketchup and sauces...so disgusting tho! Anyway, I managed! 

For the sequence of my research studies, I painted them all GREY. Why GREY? Grey is neutral color. To show the neutralization in everything every way indeed... my statement is: I DONT SAY I LIKE FASTFOODS, AND I DONT SAY I DISLIKE FASTFOODS..

The Arrangement











The Consultation by Prof Jalaini Hassan & Prof. Ramlan Abdullah




The actual subject








The Finishing







The Final





close-up





and.. Miya was there visiting..



ummie loves Ferris too much :)
hugs and kisses









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say something..